Saturday, December 14, 2013

Experimenting with Streaming

Since EVE pushed twitch.tv integration into the game, I figured I would give it a try more as a joke than anything.  Thanks to +Poetic Stanziel finding my post and pimping my feed, I had nearly 20 people in the stream watching as I do my regular shopping trip at the start of my production cycle.

I found it pretty enjoyable.  I went ahead and explained my process to those who were watching, stepping through each of the tools, why they are set up the way they are, and how I manage my projects.  I do feel a little nervous/silly talking to the void with no direct feedback, but it was fun.  I know this is EVE and we shouldn't share our advantages, but I enjoy helping the others out there because it's in my best interest to have more educated peers.

I've joked in the past that I should make a youtube series about spreadsheets and industry.  I just had a hard time imagining how many people want to watch someone click through spreadsheets, but there seems to be a bit of demand.  Producing videos for youtube is a bit more work than I have time for right now, but streaming my work isn't.  I'd like to put together something semi-regular, like a class series, or at least a live walkthrough of what I do and why I do it.


I invite everyone to join me at 1P MST (2000 in game I believe) on Sunday Dec 15 as I walk through my prebuild steps.  I will see about getting the stream cached somewhere (hopefully on twitch) for those that can't make it.  I'm hoping to start the stream about 1hr before that so people can gather and ask questions in chat (I will also accept questions here on the blog and on twitter) and hopefully it will run 1-2hrs and we'll all be enriched.

Stream: twitch.tv/hlibindustry
Twitter: HLIBindustry
Time: 2000 UTC Sunday Dec 15

Hope to see you there.  Invite your friends.  Please don't wardec/gank me into oblivion :)

No comments:

Post a Comment